1: They're Also Called Nurdles
We learn all about microplastics and discuss an interesting business plan for the Chicago area.
For a rough transcript of this show, please visit https://github.com/jscarlton/teachgreatlakes/blob/master/episode-1/tmatgl-1-transcript.markdown
- Great Lakes Pollution Prevention (@GreatLakesP2) | Twitter
- Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant (@ILINSeaGrant) | Twitter
- Hope’s personal feed (@hopekyra) | Twitter
- Sarah's personal feed (@SarahAZack) | Twitter
- xkcd: Hand Sanitizer
- Mold-A-Rama - Wikipedia
- A meta-analysis of the effects of exposure to microplastics on fish and aquatic invertebrates - ScienceDirect
- Curriculum for teachers: What is the impact of beach litter?
Podcast theme by Stuart Carlton. Interstitial music provided by Pepouni and by audionautix.com, both under a Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-SA 3.0 license.
Creators and Guests
Stuart Carlton is the Assistant Director of the Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant College Program. He manages the day-to-day operation of IISG and works with the IISG Director and staff to coordinate all aspects of the program. He is also a Research Assistant Professor and head of the Coastal and Great Lakes Social Science Lab in the Department of Forestry & Natural Resources at Purdue, where he and his students research the relationship between knowledge, values, trust, and behavior in complex or controversial environmental systems.